Skip to content
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ cup walnuts, ground
- 1 Tbs dried onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic or ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs food yeast flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs Bragg Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbs Beef-like seasoning
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until thick.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Use as is, or place in a Teflon skillet over medium- high heat and brown, stirring now and then.
- If desired, add about 1 cup diced onion and brown with the bulgur wheat.
- Variation: for taco filling replace beef-like seasoning with ½ package mild taco seasoning (available at Wal-Mart)