Adapted from: Blaney, D. “Eat More Bars.” Global Cafe. Autumn House Publishing, 2010. 58. Print.
- 1 cup carob chips
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- Stir carob chips, honey, and almond butter together in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until carob chips melt.
- Remove from
- Stir in wheat germ, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Press into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch squares and serve chilled.
- Can substitute peanut butter and peanuts for almond butter and almonds (1:1 substitution)