- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp each oregano, thyme, basil, and salt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Bring water, lentil, and bay leaf to a boil, lower heat and simmer lentils until water is almost gone.
- In a separate pan, dry toast pine nuts for about 2 minutes tossing frequently until they are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil or small amount of water for 5-7 minutes.
- Combine cooked lentils, pine nuts, onion mixture and remaking ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve with crudités, crackers, or chips.
- Would also be delicious served over warm veggies.
One thought on “Red Lentil Dip”