Skip to content
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tsps yeast
- 2 Tbsps honey
- 2 Tbsps applesauce or olive oil
- 3 ½ to 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp gluten flour
- Mix first three ingredients together and wait 10 minutes for yeast to activate.
- Add applesauce, gluten flour, and wheat flour, mixing in the last half cup as needed to make a somewhat smooth but tacky dough.
- Knead by hand for 10-15 minutes or using a mixer with dough hook.
- Measure out 1 pound of dough and place in an empty 48-64 oz tin can. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking 20-25 minutes.