- 2 cup low sodium veggie cocktail or tomato juice
- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- ¼ cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-3 Tbsps lemon juice
- Toppings (croutons, diced avocado, more tomatoes, green onions, use your imagination!)
- Combine the vegetable cocktail or tomato juice, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic, lime juice, and parsley (if using) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the seasonings (salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, and lemon juice) to taste, and blend again.
- Pour into a 2-litre/8 cup glass jar and secure lid. Chill for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, shake the jar to combine.
- Pour into bowls, and garnish with your desired toppings (such as chopped peppers, avocado, green onion, croutons, olive oil, etc.).
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
One thought on “Summer Fresh Gazpacho”