- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Ripe Banana
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ¼ cup Honey (or Maple Syrup for vegan)
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1-1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana and add the applesauce, honey, oil, chia seeds and lemon zest. Whisk until well blended. Add the lemon juice and stir briefly to mix.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stir gently just until flour is mixed in.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Quickly spoon the batter into muffin tins and place in the oven. I use silicone muffin tins, so no need for greasing the tray. If using a metal muffin tin lightly grease or use baking paper, before spooning mixture in.
- Bake for about 22 mins, until center springs back when touched.
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
- Makes 10-12 regular sized muffins or 8 extra large muffins.
3 thoughts on “Blueberry Lemon Chia Muffins”