- ½ pack instant dry yeast (about 1 tsp)
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1 Tbsp natural sweetener
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp flour (combination white /wheat or whole wheat pastry flour preferred)
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix together yeast, warm water and sugar, leave for 10 min.
- After 10 minutes combine both flours and salt to the liquid mixture and allow to raise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 10-15 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1-2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cook dates in a little water until soft and pasty.
- Add in chopped walnuts and toasted sesame seeds.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, roll out the dough, put filling inside and close dough around the filling.
- Place pancake into a medium hot skillet, pressed down until brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
One thought on “Korean Sweet Pancake”