- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound asparagus (rough ends removed, cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 pound spinach (washed well)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup raw cashews or sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsps capers, with brine
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic in oil for about a minute or until fragrant, stir to keep it from burning.
- Add asparagus and water, cover and bring to a boil. Cook about 5 minutes and then add spinach in batches, letting the leaves wilt.
- Once all the spinach has been added, cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach mixture and the rest of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.