From: Blaney, D and Diehl, H. “Cashew-Oat Waffles.” The Optimal Diet. The Official CHIP Cookbook. Autumn House Publishing, 2009. 35. Print.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 Tbs wheat germ
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups quick oats
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs honey
- Blenderize cashews in water and soy milk until smooth in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, then blend together.
- Let mixture stand 2 minutes to thicken
- Cook approximately 8-10 minutes in hot waffle iron until golden brown
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings
- Waffles freeze well and can be easily reheated in a toaster or microwave