- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup pimento (unpickled) or roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 ½ Tbs lemon juice
- 1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
- 2. Blend until smooth
- 3. Pour mixture into saucepan
- 4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick
- 5. Serve warm over pasta, steamed broccoli, or baked potatoes.
- 6. Can also be served over baked corn chips for nachos
- 7. Refrigerate until firm to use as a “cheese spread.”