- 4 cups cherries
- ¾ cup frozen juice concentrate
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup juice or water
- 1 tsp yeast dissolved into 2 Tbsp warm water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsps sugar
- ⅓ cup+1 Tbsp wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup bleached white flour
- Prepare a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cherries, juice, extract, and honey into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl dissolve cornstarch in water.
- When the cherries begin to boil, stir in cornstarch slowly adding more or less to make sauce as thick as pie filling.
- Remove from heat and pour into pan.
- Make Cobbler crust recipe and after placing on top of fruit, pierce the dough in several places.
- Set aside and let crust double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place dissolved yeast and coconut milk in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, and whole wheat flour.
- Stir to mix and then add white flour, continuing to stir and then knead into a ball with hands for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll ball out into a 9 inch square and place on cobbler.
4 thoughts on “Cherry Cobbler”