Skip to content
Chopped Kale Salad with Spiced Almonds and Red Peppers
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ½ bunch kale, washed, stemmed and chopped
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ tablespoon olive oil, curry powder, cumin and honey. Mix well.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on one-third of a baking sheet. Place olives on the middle one-third and red peppers on the remaining one-third. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place kale in a medium salad bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with salt and massage with hands to coat leaves.
- Add roasted peppers, roasted almonds, and roasted olives; toss and serve.