- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ⅔ cup flour (whole wheat pastry or barley or ¾ cup quick oats)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (warm and runny) (may use 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 or 3 tablespoons water)
- Place coconut, almonds, walnuts, flour and salt in food processor. Blend together for about 30 seconds. Then add honey and blend about 15 seconds.
- Turn off processor and test mixture with your fingers. If it seems too dry and crumbly, add a bit more honey– just enough to feel soft and moist. It should stick together slightly when pressed. But be careful not to get it too wet, or it will not be as tender and light when baked.
- Press into a lightly oiled pie plate, shaping with fingers to make a nicely formed pie crust. It helps to put a piece of plastic wrap over the crust or put your hand in a small plastic bag while pressing the crust. This keeps the mixture from sticking to your fingers as you work.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.