From: Vegan Holiday Cookbook by Isa Moskowitz
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can of coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Big pinch of salt
- In a blender, puree all the ingredients until completely smooth; this can this can take up to 5 minutes depending on the strength of your machine.
- Periodically stop the machine to keep it from overheating and scrape down the sides of the blender jar with a rubber spatula to make sure you get everything.
- Transfer the sour cream into a quart sized container, cover, and let set for at least a day.
- Dollop away.
One thought on “So Very Sour Cream”