- 1 package whole-wheat store-bought pizza dough (or basic whole wheat pizza dough)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Additional spread (optional)
- Additional topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500F. Place the dough in a large bowl and add the seasonings (garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil and dried thyme) and salt. Knead until the seasonings and salt are well incorporated.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface. Use your fingers to lightly press the garlic slices into the top surface of the dough. Bake the focaccia until the dough is puffed, blistered, and browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove the focaccia front he oven and lightly brush it with olive oil (optional. Top it with the tomato halves, chopped basil, and a pinch of salt to taste.
2 thoughts on “Fancy “Faccia” Herb Pizza Dough”