- 3 cups soy curls
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbs pimentos, drained
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ small apple, diced with skin
- 1 to 1 ½ cup vegan mayonnaise (no oil, low oil) or vegenaise
- 1 ½ tsp McKay’s chicken-style seasoning, vegan
- 12 slices wheat bread or hard crusty kaiser rolls
- 6 pieces green leafy lettuce, cleaned and drained
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup white and red seedless grapes, halved
Mix onions, celery, ½ cup chopped walnuts, sweet relish, pimientos and apples together in a medium bowl.
Rinse soy curls in colander with cold water.
Squeeze liquid from soy curls, dice soy curls, and mix with above mixture.
Add vegenaise or homemade mayo, chicken seasoning, and mustard powder.
Slice bread and cover with lettuce, tomato, and chicken salad mixture.
Sprinkle a few walnuts and halved grapes on each sandwich and serve.
One thought on “Chick-N-Less Salad Sandwich”