- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked*
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked*
- 6 Tbs. carob powder
*Soak at least 4 hours or overnight
Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 bananas frozen
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen strawberries
- 1 (6 oz) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Process almonds, dates, and carob powder in a food processor into a sticky dough ball.
- Press half the dough into the bottom of a 9X5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment. Keep the rest of the dough wrapped in plastic.
- Blend slightly thawed frozen bananas and add fruit for other flavors of ice cream (see recipe above).
- Spread ice cream on top of bottom layer of cookie sandwich.
- Freeze until the ice cream layer is frozen. Time will vary based on how cold your freezer is.
- Press remaining dough onto the ice cream layer and return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to thaw for a few minutes before cutting into bars or squares.