- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsps active dry yeast
- 5 Tbsps sorghum or molasses
- 2 Tbsps liquid lecithin
- 1 grated raw potato
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsps crushed caraway seeds
- 4 Tbsps Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2 cups rye flour
- 4 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 5 cups barley flour
- In a mixer bowl using a dough hook add the first 4 ingredients.
- Let set for 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and let mixer knead the bread for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can do it by hand.
- The dough is sticky, but add more flour until it is more soft than sticky.
- Let rise in a warm place until double.
- This can be shaped into five loaves of bread, or 42-45 breadsticks or rolls.
- Let rise until doubled again. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes for bread.
- Bake at 400 for 12-18 minutes for breadsticks.
2 thoughts on “Rustic Rye Breadsticks”