Skip to content
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup Braggs Amino Acids or coconut amino’s
- ⅓ cup nutritional flakes
- 2 Tbsp cup of olive oil (optional, helps in browning)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp savory
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground sage
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp sweet basil
- 1 ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 cups quick oats
- Blend water with walnuts and sunflower seeds until broken down but not totally smooth.
- Add all other ingredients except oats to a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, take off the heat and stir in quick oats. Stir well and cover and let sit until it has cooled off.
- When it has cooled enough to handle, then shape into patties. You can use a burger press, a mason jar lid, or anything you’d like! This gives it a nice uniform shape and conventional look of a burger.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and place burgers on parchment paper, silicon mats, or on a mildly oiled baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.