- 1 cup cashews, raw and washed
- 1 cup pear juice (drained from canned pears used below)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 quart canned pears
- ¼ cup soy milk or soy milk powder (optional)
- Place cashews and pear juice in blender and blend until creamy. Do not under blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well again.
- Pour mixture into a flat 9 x 12 plastic container (I pour it into ice cube trays so I can easily portion the amount we take out of the freezer to eat at one time).
- When ready to serve, remove frozen mixture from freezer and cut it into strips.
- Put the frozen strips through a Champion juicer (can use food processor and process until smooth) and serve with your favorite desserts.
Pear Ice Cream Variations
- Maple Walnut Ice Cream: Add 1 Tbsp. of maple flavoring and ½ c chopped walnuts or pecans to the basic recipe.
- Fruit Sherbets: Replace pear juice with 1 c of any flavor fruit juice concentrate (lime, orange, grape, etc.).
- Fruit Ice Cream: Add 1 c of your favorite whole fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries. blueberries, sliced peaches, etc.) to the basic recipe.
- Mocha Ice Cream: Add 1 c carob chips and 2 Tbsp. instant coffee substitute to the basic recipe. Tips: If you don’t have a Champion juicer, cut the
frozen mixture into small cubes and puree them in a food processor or blender.
- Add a little non-dairy milk to help make it smooth (I don’t usually need to add this).
- This recipe also works in an ice cream maker.