- 1 1/2 Tbs Canola oil (or water if non-stick pan)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 14 ounce package water-packed tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bunch kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- Heat oil (or water) in large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots, ginger, and garlic and let cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter, turmeric, cumin, and curry paste and let cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in water, coconut milk, lime zest, maple syrup, and salt until combined.
- Add tofu, sweet potato, and kale, and bring to a boil. Let simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in lime juice and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with cashews and serve over rice or quinoa.