Skip to content
Korean Mung Bean Patties
- 1 Cup Mung Beans (soaked in water 5-6 hours or overnight)
- 3 Tbsp rice (soaked in water with mung beans 5-6 hours or overnight)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp green onions
- ¼ cup sliced bell peppers
- 1-2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Add soaked mung beans, rice, salt and 1 cup of water to blender and blend for 15 seconds, not perfectly smooth, texture is desired. Batter should look similar to cake batter.
- Put a little oil in a large saute pan or on a griddle over medium heat.
- Scoop out pancake size portions and put in pan as space allows.
- Place onions and peppers in pancake batter that is in the pan, covering with a little more batter.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until a golden brown crust is formed.