From: http://www.dessertfortwo.com/mashed-potato- truffles/
- ½ cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup of topping for rolling (cocoa powder, coconut flakes, powdered sugar or finely chopped nuts)
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips. Melt them in the microwave at 50% power, or in a double boiler. Melt slowly and stir often. When they have melted entirely, stir in the mashed potatoes.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir, stir, stir. And stir until you cannot stir any more.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Pour your rolling mixture(s) in little bowls and have them ready. Take 1 tablespoon-sized hunks and roll between the palms of your hands. Roll in desired topping, then place on a baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
- They will keep in the fridge for 1 week.