- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup vermicelli pasta
- 1 cup garbanzos or (1 can rinsed)
- 1 cup macaroni noodles
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup tomato sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 5 onions, diced large
- Rinse and sort lentils. Cover with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Fry vermicelli for 2-3 minutes in a dry pan and set aside.
- Then, cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine onions on a sheet pan or in a glass dish and drizzle with 1-2 Tbsps of oil, and cook in oven for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
On a platter, arrange in this order:
- Rice and vermicelli
- Tomato Sauce