Adapted from daringgourmet.com
- 1 cup canned pineapple juice ,see note
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (GF)
- For the Cornstarch Slurry: 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the cornstarch slurry, in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry and simmer for another minute until thickened, stirring constantly. If using red food coloring, stir it in.
- Let the sauce cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
One thought on “Sweet and Sour Sauce”