- 1 cup almond flour, super fine if possible
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove of garlic minced or crushed
- 2 to 3 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbs unsweetened non dairy yogurt or use water starting with 2 tsp
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp miso , white mellow miso or use chickpea miso to make soyfree
- 1 Tbs or more everything bagel seasoning ,(see note to make your own)
- Add all the dry ingredient to a bowl (almond flour to black pepper) and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except bagel seasoning and mix well. Get your hands in there to press and knead into a dough. Taste and add more lime juice if needed. If the mixture is too crumbly, add a few drops of water at a time and press and knead to make a ball..
- Brush oil or aquafaba. Roll into everything bagel seasoning or sprinkle some on the ball and pat. Or use a different coating of choice or no coating.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 35 to 40 mins. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Or refrigerate for a few hours for flavor to develop more and serve when needed at room temp. The ball can be stored refrigerated in a closed container for upto 4 days.
- Quick Everything Bagel Seasoning: Mix 1 Tbs sesame seeds(white or a mix of white and black), 1 Tbs poppy seeds, 2 tsp onion flakes and a pinch of salt
Variation: Add some fresh dill, or smoked paprika and chopped jalapeno to the cheese for flavor variations.
- To make into a dip: Add 1 tbsp more non dairy yogurt and some water until it is a creamy consistency. Then bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve.