- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tbs nutritional yeast (optional)
- for garnish: chopped avocado, cilantro, cheese, or green onion
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a bit of oil and sauté the chopped onion and garlic for about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, remove seeds from jalapeno and chop finely (I use gloves so the seeds don’t sting my fingers). Add in the chopped jalapeno and sauté for another few minutes.
- Add in the drained and rinsed black beans, salsa, and corn. Stir well and cook for a few minutes. Now add the chili powder, cumin, and salt all to taste. Stir in the nutritional yeast if using. Cook on low until heated through and serve warm with corn chips. Garnish with green onion, chopped avocado, or fresh cilantro.
- Everything bagel Seasoning Vegan Cheese Ball. No soaking, blending, straining needed! 10 minute vegan cheese ball. Gluten-free. Can be soy-free
2 thoughts on “Black Bean Chili Dip”