- 1 can of jackfruit (packed in water or brine, not syrup), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 onion, diced (about a 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons kelp granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup cooked great northern white beans
- 1/4 cup low-fat vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickled relish
- Salt to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- Use a fork to pull apart the jackfruit into shreds (until it has a tuna-like consistency).
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes. Add the jackfruit and let it cook, stirring occasionally, until the jackfruit’s moisture is gone. Add the kelp granules and add salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, start the salad. In a bowl, use a fork to mash the white beans. Once they are thoroughly mashed, add the rest of the salad ingredients and mix together. Once the jackfruit is done cooking, add it to the salad mixture and mix until fully coated. Taste and add seasoning, if necessary.
2 thoughts on “Jackfruit Tuna”