- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (or 4 oz can)
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper (or 2 oz can pimentos)
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp tahini
- 24 oz firm tofu, rinsed, drained, and crumbled
- 2 Tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp chicken-style seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tomato, diced for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté veggies and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add tahini and mix well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix in cooked veggies.
- Fill each cup of a mini muffin tin with 2 tbsps of the mixture and press down and pack ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Garnish with tomatoes and serve.
To make a fancier presentation, use store bought vegan mini pie crust of puff pastry.