Skip to content
Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 ½ C warm water
- 3-4 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 C ground flax seed
- 5 C whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. gluten flour
- Mix for 2 minutes. Cover and let sit 15-30 minutes, until bubbles form, not too many bubbles.
- Add 5 cups flour and 1 Tbsp. salt.
- While mixing, watch and add more flour (2-3 cups) until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Mix for 8 minutes (set timer).
- When finished mixing, dough will be slightly sticky. Turn onto floured surface and divide into 3 loaves.
- Place loves into oiled pans.
- Place pans in oven above a pan of hot water. Turn oven on to low temperature and let rise in oven until double in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Bake at 350⁰ for 1-1 ¼ hours.
- Remove bread from oven and place on rack.