- Zucchini cups
- 2 zucchinis, each about 8 inches long
- 1/3 cups of jarred roasted bell pepper, well-drained and minced
- 1/3 cup coarsely crumbled tofu
- 2 Tbs toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp minced fresh oregano, or 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- To make zucchini cups: Trim and discard zucchini ends. Cut zucchini crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Using a melon baller, scoop out center of each slice, leaving a shell a little less than 1/4 inch thick. Steam cups in a covered steamer over boiling water until just barely tender, about 4 minutes. Drain cups upside down on a plate lined paper towel.
- To prepare stuffing: stir together all stuffing ingredients in a small bowl. Add additional oregano or salt to taste.
- Prepare boiler. Lightly oil small shallow baking pan. Transfer zucchini cups to prepared pan, and mound a scoop of the stuffing in each zucchini cup. Broil about 4 inches from the heating element for about 3 minutes, or until tofu is softened and lightly brown. Serve warm.