- 2 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 tablespoon chickpea miso OR gluten-free mellow white miso
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Add them into a food processor fitted with the S blade. Add in the miso, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, water, garlic, and salt. Process until super smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the herbs.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and line it with cheese cloth or a thin dish towel. Spoon the cheese mixture into the cheesecloth. Gather the corners and twist the top gently to form the cheese into a round ball. Place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, unwrap the cheeseball and form into more of a ball shape with your hands, if needed. Using your hands, press the chopped walnuts into the cheeseball to cover. Serve with your favorite crackers.