- 1 cup brown or green lentils
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped in half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsps minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- ¼ cup water
- 6 oz coconut milk
- Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Add lentils and water to a medium pot, bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft. Drain off any water.
- Chop sweet potato into 1in cubes. Place on an oven tray and mix with oil.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Finely slice the onion into half moons. In a large frying pan start to saute the onion, oil, ginger, lemongrass and garlic. Dice the bell pepper into ½ in cubes and add to the pan. In a cup mix the green curry paste and water and pour into the pan. Add the kaffir lime leaves and stir through gently. Saute for another 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the salt, honey and coconut cream and stir through. Add 2 cups of cooked lentils. Freeze or refrigerate any remaining lentils for a future meal. Add the roasted sweet potato and stir well. Remove the kaffir lime leaves. Garnish with cilantro.
One thought on “Thai Green Curry Lentils”