- Zest of a lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp non dairy yogurt or applesauce
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp semi solid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sugar , unrefined raw or other
- 1/4 cup almond flour or use more flour
- 1 cup flour (unbleached all purpose or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- sugar for rolling in
- Add all the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix well until the sugar dissolves. Let it sit for a minute.
- Add flours and baking powder and salt and mix in until it is a soft dough. Add a good pinch of turmeric for color if you wish. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 tbsp more flour. If too dry, sprinkle in a few drops of water or oil and mix in.
- Smooth out the dough and Chill for 10-15 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take small portions of the dough and roll into a ball.
- Mix 1 tbsp sugar and a good pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Roll the ball in the sugar bowl, then press the ball to a flat cookie on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 11 mins.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve.
- Store on the counter for up to 2 days.
One thought on “Vegan Lemon Chia Cookies”