- 4 to 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch collard greens leaves removed from tough center rib and roughly chopped in medium-sized pieces
- ½ cup vegetable broth Or 1/2 cup water + ¼ of a vegan vegetable bouillon cube
- Salt to taste
- In a medium-sized pot pour ¼ cup water then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about five minutes.
- Add the chopped collard greens and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once it is simmering, turn the heat to medium low and cover. Remove lid to stir and check occasionally, making sure there is still enough liquid on the bottom and that the collards aren’t sticking. If they start to stick, lower the heat and add a tablespoon or two of water, as necessary.
- Cover and continue cooking for 25 minutes, until the collard greens have become soft to the bite.
2 thoughts on “Garlicky Greens”