Skip to content
From: Griffin, V. “Baked Beans.” The Guilt-Free Gourtmet. Remnant Publications, 1999. 91. Print.
- 1 lb navy beans (or other bean of choice)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dates, blended with 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp vegetable salt (can use Vege-Sal or low salt substitute)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook beans until tender. Drain.
- Add all other ingredients and bake in a sprayed, covered 9×13 casserole dish at 350 for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake about 30 more minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Tastes even better the next day.