From: Finley, E. “French Toast.” Natural Lifestyle Cooking. Pacific Press Publishing Association. 2011. Print.
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1Tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 20 slices whole-wheat bread
- Blend cashews and water.
- Add other ingredients and blend.
- Dip whole-wheat bread into mixture
- Cook on skillet until golden brown.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Frozen bread works very nicely because it is hard and the batter doesn’t soak through.