Skip to content
Basic Sweet Roll
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 2 cups non dairy milk
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 ½ tsps salt
- 3 Tbsps ground flaxseed
- 6 cups white whole wheat flour, plus extra for kneading
- Mix warm water, honey, and yeast in a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Whisk milk, oil, salt, and flaxseed in a separate large bowl.
- Add yeast mixture and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- As you continue mixing, add another 2 cups flour, half a cup at a time. P
- lace dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Then adding a little flour as needed, knead for 10 minutes. Dough will be sticky.
- Transfer to a bowl and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Punch down, turn out, and divide into 3 portions.
- Cover each with plastic wrap until used.
- Freeze what you do not use for up to 3 months.