From Dora’s Table
- 4 cups Strawberries, fresh, hulled, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle sugar over them. Mix well. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a medium sauce pot and add 1/2 cup of water and place over medium eat. Simmer softly for 5 minutes. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cool, place in a blender, add the lemon juice, and process to desired consistency. Your paletas can be chunky or smooth.
- Pour into your molds, snap on the lids, and freeze for at least 5 hours.